i guess, at this point, it’s safe to assume that we really enjoyed our meal if we post the recipe! it gets hard to describe just how great each new recipe we tried was without being redundant. so let’s just say that on a scale of 1 to 10, this one was a 9.5!
VEGETABLE STIR-FRY with PEANUT SAUCE
* 1 cup quinoa, cooked
* 2 teaspoons of olive oil
* 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
* 1 carrot, chopped
* 1+ cup green beans, with ends cut
* 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
* 3 or 4 tbsp peanut butter
* 5 tbsp water
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp soymilk or unsweetened almond milk
1. heat olive oil in a wok or skillet and stir-fry the onion, carrots, and beans for 4 minutes or so, until the beans start turning a bright green and the onions become translucent.
2. while this is cooking (or even beforehand), add a small amount of oil in a separate pan and add garlic. cook for a minute or two, then stir in the peanut butter and then the water. stir until smooth. add the lemon juice, soy sauce, soy or almond milk, and stir well.
3. mix together the vegetable stir-fry and peanut butter sauce and serve over cooked quinoa.